Solex App on Herelink

I understand the plan is to have Solex on the Herelink instead of QGC?
Do we have a timescale for this?
I see it has a geotagging function for photos. This will prove very useful if its maintained in the Herelink version.
I hope it has better button/wheel mapping than QGC.

Are you on the current Beta? If so, what do you feel is missing with the buttons/wheel?

Yep current beta.
It may be just me but I cant see how to:-
1 flip-flop what the wheel does so it can be used for camera tilt and for zoom.
2 adjust the wheel pwm endpoints.
3 Map the CAM button so a short press gives x pwm and a long push gives y pwm.
4 It seems the multiple buttons option is only really useful for setting a flight mode, ie a push gives a set pwm for each button, there is no return to a ‘neutral’ value so they could be used for #2 issue.

It would also be nice to have a ‘quick’ large font view of the button allocations.
Perhaps there is a way to do the above things but myself and MadRC havent figured it out.

@sidbh

@Vince

1 flip-flop what the wheel does so it can be used for camera tilt and for zoom.

You can use Ardupilot’s RCx_* parameters to control deeper behaviour. Read this: Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation

adjust the wheel pwm endpoints.

You can use RCx_* parameters for the same as well.

Map the CAM button so a short press gives x pwm and a long push gives y pwm.

Please go under button setup and follow the video instructions here: https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/one-time-setup#joystick-and-button-setup

4 It seems the multiple buttons option is only really useful for setting a flight mode, ie a push gives a set pwm for each button, there is no return to a ‘neutral’ value so they could be used for #2 issue.

There is a toggle button option, if that’s what you mean. Please review the video, and feel free to explore buttons menu in QGC.

I believe Vince is referring to using the Seagull #REC which is what I use. It uses very specific PWM signals for each function so, e.g., (don’t recall the exact) to activate record mode, you need it to be 1800 and to snap a photo, it needs to be 1341 but, it cannot stay at 1341, it needs to default back to 1500. Does not seem to be a way for button presses to go back to a initial value

@rebenstein Exactly.
Ive been using APM/pixhawk for many years and am quite familiar with the parameters @sidbh refers to, however I cant see anything new that will help.
On my previous camera drones, most if the ‘clever’ stuff was done by setting up the very capable Taranis.
As the Herelink is a bit limited on buttons/sliders, it would be nice to see a screen with software sliders and buttons.
I do understand its early days but I’m struggling to get the basic seagull #rec working.

In a worst case scenario, I would pick a couple of channels and override them in ArduPilot to make it work.

Once Solex is implemented onscreen buttons and sliders that self center will be possible. Kelly implemented that sometime ago in Solex. Extremely useful feature.

For the time being, I would suggest programming one button for high and low (short and long press), and another button to recenter. That way you can recenter quickly. You can map multiple buttons to one channel.

1 Like

Thanks @Todd_Hill.
At least you see the problem.
It’s dawning on me that in the current setup I can’t do the the most basic of camera control that I had before.

Need 2 sliders for zoom and tilt.
Need a button with long and short press for pic and vid.
Need a button to toggle between Stabilize and loiter. (Can do other modes from menu.)
Nice to have camera on/off button (#rec feature)
Nice to have manual camera control (#rec feature)

Have to choose from above which to have. Can’t have all at the same time.

Why is the throttle and wheel center sprung? Terrible feature.
Can’t even reduce the end pwm on the wheel to slow the zoom speed.

Any ideas when Solex will come out?

1 Like

We know SOLEX departure date and looked at this app and prefer to pay € 31 for this application that has a fabulous, very beautiful and many options, an app more worked than QGC.

Any date when we can use SOLEX with herelink?
can it be used with pixhawk for data ??

1 Like

It will be free with HereLink

2 Likes

but if I buy it now can I use it?

1 Like

Not on HereLink, HereLink needs a special version that is still in testing

2 Likes

Hi Philip. I am a fixed wing flyer. What I want to see on the screen of herelink on next firmware update is speed, altitude, distance to home, one radar show the relative position of the aircraft and its operator, signal level, battery percent, screen shot or record icon!

2 Likes

We are already 2 friend, you do not need or are missing stick positions?

really with this menso we have no option to put flight modes on buttons

MANUAL
LOITER
RTL

true?

2 Likes

Good news! I will wait to see how it works

1 Like

we hope that before the end of the year we can use solex

5 Likes

@Vince, @sidbh, @CraigElder, @Michael_Oborne, Can you please elaborate how camera gimbal control i.e. pan, tilt can be used using a single button i.e. for instance “on a scroll wheel” of herelink? Moreover, can we control three functions i.e. pan, tilt and zoom on a scroll wheel by combining it with some other button like CAM BUTTON of herelink. This may be more related to assigning of servo functions in ARDUCOPTER/MISSION PLANNER; yet it would be of a great help if you kindly assisst in this regard.
Thankyou in advance
Regards
Yasir Khizar

do we know if herelink already works with solex ???

1 Like