Solex App on Herelink

It answer your question ? :wink:

4 Likes

Solex works for you ??? Should I do something to make it work? or simply download?

It will comes with the next Herelink major update. CubePilot and a small panel of testers are testing it to search and solve any issue before public release, and make your experience even better.

1 Like

That update we have been waiting for a long time and it never comes. I haven’t used my herelink until Solex doesn’t work with herelink.

So you will use it soon and buy more :wink:

1 Like

is there any possible way to get an estimated delivery date of the update, like is it a week, 2,or 4. how close is it? we are getting ready to go into production of a specific UAS and would like to be able to promote the Herelink as the controller of choice.

@Julien,

1. What about the issue regarding camera/gimbal control in existing qgc firmware of herekink; is it resolved in the upcoming solex app?
  2. Will solex app be comprised of soft controls i.e. touch screen buttons for pan/tilt/zoom commands of camera/gimbal?
  3. Can he scroll wheel be used for tilt/roll/zoom using a combination of touch buttons i.e. for instance, by default it is used for tilt, when pressed A, the same scroll wheel may be used for zoom and when pressed B, it can be used for pan… It is far more important to add this feature as the herelink buttons A, B, C, D and CAM are not suitable for gimbal control. Currently we have been using two links for our UAS: herelink for flying and video, futaba rc for camera control.
    Regards
    Yasir Khizar

Hello julien. After a year of using herelink I see some follow issues:

• About power button: I dont know reason but sometime herelink turn on automatic, at home, or while move. I think it be shock or stuck. So let change how to turn on it.
  • About present QGC, I dont know herelink equipped with integrated compass and GPS, but in flight interface I cant see where my aircraft in relation with the ground controller. How do you flight if you cant see position and direction of aircraft.
    Hope theses will be update in very soon time!

@khizaryasir,

You could change the scroll wheel function and get most of the controls you need by installing a Gremsy T3 and configure it with the herelink. I don’t know if this trick would works with others gimbals.
I will add a full tutorial in the docs/wiki as soon i have time.

@Banme_RC,
Your power button is maybe not perfectly aligned and a bit stuck in the controller frame, try to push it on sides to center it. You right, the Herelink ground unit has a built in GPS but it not used by the apps yet. I’m sure futur app updates will use it but at the moment priority is given to make all basic functions rock solid and fully operational.

2 Likes

Doesnt herelink have compass? If so I think it’s serious hardware missing! You can not create an app with a radar show position and direction of aircraft, dont you focus on this? I don’t know what the new solex app will look like? But it will be bad if it does not improve this!
P/s: in the case of flying 10 km or more, you need to know exactly where your aircraft is to point your controller to that direction, a small deviation will also reduce the signal at far distance

Herelink is a communication system, not a flight controller.

FC does not work for things same as this, it’s to be long app in herelink. Herelink is the base, new app are what we need.
The app runs on base of the controller, uses information from the controller (compass, gps) and flight controller, through algorithms to display on the screen.

I think the company’s development team is still weak on app development

When I know that someone confirms that Solex currently works with Herelink to use my Skywalker X8 with Pixhawk 2.4.8 or Pixhawk 2.1 then I will buy

Wow! The negativity!
QGC is open mate! Feel free to contribute patches if you are so much more skilled that the rest of the team!

5 Likes

1 Like

Yes it’s in testing and as soon as soon as it’s ready I’m very sure it will be released.

Good things are worth waiting for and there are good things to come.

1 Like

Can you send me the new firmware, and how to upgrade it. Thank!

1 Like

Hello. Great mod for Parrot Disco with herelink. But has some things I dont know cleary:

• Is herelink stock firmware 0.2.2 or did you change something in herelink. I see you can get manu list by slide the screen up, that is imposible in stock firmware. I can install Free flight app on herelink but it can not run when I open the icon.
  • Parrot Chuck has only sbus port for rc control to connect to sbus port on herelink air unit, so all telemetries and video on Disco transfer to herelink is through wifi signal directly (not through air unit?). So that the range is still to belong parrot disco? (In other words the range is not improved)