Solex App on Herelink

Hello, using wiffi the range is practically a bit more in the open field than with the original remote control, I with the original remote control in the open field and flown over 1.9km and with the herelink remote control, I reached almost 3km

on the scroll herelink menu let it free as if it were a mobile if that’s what you mean?

the herelink range connected to SBUS with parrot disk and its sbus port is really very good, my last test before the alarm in Spain was 7km in open cambo on our flight field in the canary islands, i was able to go much further but I turned around

I think I can overcome that by far, now I’m preparing some new batteries for my parrot disco

Watching Herelink Disco mod video put out by @Canarias-Stock - if I understand it correctly - it works like this:

• Herelink GCS acts as a simple RC SBUS controller (ie extra range on piloting input)
  • Freeflight Pro app installed on Herelink GCS connects via 5Ghz wifi to Disco - getting telemetry and video downlink (much shorter range probably)

@Canarias-Stock - what is the range of 5Ghz wifi downlink - from Disco -> Herelink wifi client? I would suspect its less range than with original SC2 2.4Ghz link - no?

However - when Herelink Air Unit USB port OTG support would land with new firmware - it could be possible to tunnel whole downlink (telemetry + video) via Herelink 2.4ghz LTE radio p2p connection - using same principles we are using with uas4g Disco’s (described in more detail here: https://www.uas4g.com/downloads/uas4g-user-guide.pdf). Then Herelink could be providing extra range for Disco’s.

Yet there is another problem - Parrot’s FreeFlight Pro android app version is quite unstable when compared to its iOS cousin - something to watch out with.

@Canarias-Stock - you might start another thread for Herelink Disco mod - as this is Solex thread here…

hello Herelink + disco via wiffi 5.8 and used more than 2km just via wiffi

then the other option tested has been

Herelink + cable connected from SBUS to chuck is reach 2.4, the herelink receiver is used as the receiver of the herelink command, nothing goes through wiffi here in this case it is all through herelink.

herelink receiver connected to chuck is like connecting herelink to sbus of Pixhawk the same ways, keep in mind that you must use an external camera and not the chuck camera, only use the chuck camera when it is through wiffi this I use it only for tests through wiffi to chuck.

my flight method is herelink + herelin receiver + sbus to chuck is the best way. I use the herelink controller and fly with the herelink controller and gopro hero 7 black

If you also use my herelink, the SIM port was soldered and I use sim card data. This was soldered when I bought herelink and opened the station, it came by default to solder the SIM port, this takes a little more time and configuration in the operating system, since the beginning I found that Herelink did not correctly support SIM cards, phones, Yes now

never used solex but if we used a 360 camera obviously the live view would show the whole 360 view. would it be possible to pinch in to zoom onto the 360 view to have a look around?

You managed to get the sim working?

1 Like

of course now I have herelink with SIM, but it is a bad idea, really after testing, it seems like herelink is slow with SIM, I have to investigate more about it

What other mods did you need to do once you added the sim?

1 Like

I did not understand your answer friend, the translator is too bad XD

You said you added a SIM

That it worked with a SIM

How did you do this?

1 Like

Hi,
Can i run solex app on herelink with px4?

Simply the interior of herelink is like an MV almost really, I work in a drone shop as a technician simply opened herelink RC station, everything else was to do 3 small tests until herelink works with a data sim card incorporated inside to have its own connectivity

Hi all, I have a questions.
Does the solex app allow control the gimbal via Mavlink?
I can not control the gimbal and can not find the para to set up to control the gimbals?
thank all

Hi @Julien, Im using a Gremsy T3V2 with a latest version of Herelink but I have some issues to control the gimbal with the wheel in Solex.
Now I’m only controlling tilt but I want to push CAM button and switch to pan mode.

Main setup

WChannel 10
Sbus 1

In Arducopter:

MNT_RC_IN_TILT = 10
MNT_RC_IN_PAN = 11
MNT_JSTICK_SPD = 40 #to avoid rebound to center tilt.

In solex ???

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I had some issues with Solex and video transmitter. Solex does not recognize HDMI1 or HDMI2 (only in some cases but you need to exit to the main menu, restart the de app, restart and go to the main menu, disconnect and connect the UAV, the camera, switch between cam1 and cam0…random).
QGC works without problems.
Something related to this bug?
By the other hand QGC switch 100% to 0% battery continuously. I attached a video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mKZqcKLcmhqaCgOueTkvgcndsK_Tj2bt/view?usp=sharing

UPDATED: No glitch battery monitor…Always 0% and no 0.0V… in Solex or MP works fine…
Any solution? Thanks

Has anyone else noticed the difference on Altitude between MP/QGC and Solex?
On my last few flights i decided to work on Solex a bit more while having my laptop with MP next to me. I noticed after landing that my Altitude on MP and also QGC was as expected 0, ±0.3m while on Solex it would jump around from ±0.3 to -99m, noticed some similar inaccuracies also during flights, but i will investigate a little more.
Just wanted to know if anyone else got similar behaviour.

@kellyschrock

I think its switching between meter and centimeter in Solex for small values.

on my solex screen it would say m and not cm, plus the values were so much different between Mp and solex. Wind has picked up here but i need to test anyway later in the day, so i will try and make a small video if i see it happening again.