Here 2 can update

I have one black cube and one blue cube that I have been flying for sometime now without a problem. This new one with the Here2 has really been aggravating to say the least. I hope you have better luck with new cube.

1 Like

I got my new cube and my new carrier board, faster than I expected, thanks getfpv.com

but my problems are not solved, I can not make the here2 work with the cube.

I’ve tried it in can mode and it does not work.

I have tried in i2c mode and it does not work.

the gps here2 works perfectly on a radiolink pixhawk, obviously in i2c mode

The good thing about this is that my previous cube is good.

the bad thing is that I have spent 300usd and I still have the problem.

What cable are you using on the Cube setup?

I’m not sure if I understood the question correctly. I am using the original 8-wire cable connected to the gps1 port when I use the i2c configuration and when I use the can configuration, I use the original 4-wire cable.

How did you connect it to the radio link board?

Today I made several tests to find out what the error is but I am very confused.

I tested my GPS here2 with a Pixhawk radiolink and it worked perfectly. I could say that GPS here 2 is fine.

I tried here2 with the same cable and the same firmware with a pixhawk clone and it didn’t work, it means that here 2 doesn’t work with all pixhawk

my 4 test units, all with the same gps and ardurover 3.5.1

testing my cube with 2 gps and it didn’t work with any.

My other cube didn’t work with the GPS here2

I am very confused, will it be possible that my two carrier boards, both are new, are damaged at the factory?

We need help with this urgently.

thanks

The common things with your failed cube testing is the cable. You are using a different cable with the other tests (obviously)

Personally, I’d RMA the carrier board anyway just to be sure.

I’m sorry this has not been easy for you.

So… not even the safety button light shows up?

Definitely check if power is on the connector.

The 8-wire cable is likely to have problems, today I’m going to focus my tests on this cable, I don’t remember if I turn on the safety switch.

I will test continuity in the cable to see if I find any problem.

I’m also waiting for the new here2 with the new cable, so we can get out of doubt.

the only thing that worries me about this theory is that mgrimes1907 and pedrosa also seem to have the same problem

One issue at a time. Similar symptoms can have different reasons. I suspect yours is the cable… not sure on theirs yet

Hi, I already received my new here2.

it worked!!! the new gps here2 worked with my new cube 2 and it also worked with the old cube 2, it also worked with both cables.

that is, the old cube was good, the new cube was good, the old cable was good, the problem is in my old here2, although I want to make it clear that my old here2 is not completely bad, because it works with my radiolink pixhwak.

I think there is something wrong with the firmware of my old here2.

1 Like

Phillip,

I’m in possession of roughly 40 Here GPS units. I would say roughly 2/3 of them function correctly as desired. However, the other 1/3 do not work with the PX4 Cubes. It appears I am having very similar issues as others in this thread. The funny thing is, the GPS works when using the Ardupilot firmware on the cubes but does not work when using PX4. My issue is most certainly not cable related.

Thanks!

1 Like

To start with… why on earth would you use PX4?

Update them using CAN on ardupilot then use serial on PX4?

Phillip,

It’s a requirement as part of the research project I’m on. Unfortunately, our systems require it and
there’s no getting around it.

That’s unfortunate.

Have you followed all the instructions for updating the Here2 bootloader?

Tried all instructions and combinations in vain. Not able to get here 2 details after i click on SL Can Mode. What to do?

Use master from 18th of June and try again

Hey @philip,
Will CAN continue to work flawlessly if I switch from 3.7 Dev to 3.6.10 stable after CAN update?

As long as you give it an appropriate node ID in SLCAN first

1 Like

My Here2 GPS seems to work on CAN, but I have trouble getting it recognized as a compass in MP:

Cube + I2C Here2 on GPS1: all 3 compasses behave like the Here2
Cube + CAN1 Here2: all 3 compasses behave like the Cube
Cube + CAN1 Here2 + generic uBox on GPS2: all 3 compasses behave like the uBlox