Here 2 can update

I have tried all combinations multiple times with no results. Have tried with standard protocol at least a dozen times if not more. I have about four hours in this at this point and am no expert but certainly not a stranger to UAVCAN as I have been using can devices for several years and gone through many changes.

Thanks for your help,
Cheers, RB

Update on this. The Here only connects with Babel/UAVCAN GUI it will not fetch configuration data

Has anyone had success with the external barometer? I have the GPS and compass working as expected but canā€™t seem to pick up the external barometer. If I use a Zubax GNSS 2 the barometer is detected and becomes the primary baro (BARO1). Also minor point but it doesnā€™t seem to be reporting HDOP. (Running Pixhawk 2.1, Mission Planner 1.3.64, Arducopter 3.7.0).

Cheers
Jason

The only thing I did differently was I didnā€™t like that it loaded generic fmuv3 version of firmware. So I downloaded firmware from from ardupilot firmware page in cube folder and installed it before I tried. Mine took a few tries but it did work

Update2. Finally had success by wiping the firmware on the cube and starting from scratch with latest master. I connected mission planner and set the can parameters then opened the slcan dialog and it connected first shot. Loaded the here firmware, rebooted and all worked as expected except that as jasclarke308 reported HDOP is not reported in telemetry stream

Cheers, RB

2 Likes

Awesome!
did you save a parameter set from when it was not working? so you could compare to see what was blocking it?

Steps to get it to work (same as @rbachtell)
Loaded firmware by downloading it from ardupilot site (copter/latest)
http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/latest/CubeBlack/
Changed the following parameters:

Reboot and then followed update steps as posted by @Michael_Oborne

1 Like

Unfortunately I didnā€™t think ahead and save the file. I really didnā€™t think the clean install would make a difference. I have another vehicle with similar setup so I will see if I can spot something.

1 Like

I compared the param files and found something interesting.
FRAME_CLASS is set to 0 by default. When I change that, it works. Iā€™ve changed it back to zero and replicated the issue.
So assigning frame a frame type in initial setup before going to UAVCAN tab should solve the issue.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for following up on this

1 Like

after having flashed rover and then back to copter 3.7 dev again I can now connect Here2 with SLCan. There I can see firmware 1.0.2909925001. When I click on ā€œupdateā€ I get the message that no new firmware is available. But I saw the version number 1.1.xxx in a screenshot above. MissionPlanner tries to access firmware.cubepilot.org, this subdomain is immediately redirected to discuss.cubepilot.org, so no downloads are available there.

if I click on parameters I only get an empty window with a empty table (without any parameters) refresh doesnā€™t help either.

Firmware.cubepilot.org is not acceccible as such from a web browser at this point, thatā€™s why it redirects.

It is acting as a firmware repository.

Yeah, I know that. According to the screenshots of Michael Oborne there is a newer firmware than the one on my Here2 1.0.2xxx. But MissionPlanner has no access to http://firmware.cubepilot.org/UAVCAN/com.hex.here/2.0/firmware.bin (source port 81, destination port 50268 = 404 Error)

ā€œNo Update availableā€

is there the file firmware.bin as download or how else can I update the Here2? Currently ā€œMAINTENANCEā€ is displayed at Mode.

@jschall @sidbh @Michael_Oborne

please try MP again. my guess is temporary internet issue

Sorry I made so much noise about that. It has something to do with my Windows firewall. With MacOS I could download the firmware.bin file with Firefoxā€¦ thank you very much for your hints

1 Like

Glad itā€™s working!

I read the arm button doesnā€™t work when switched to CAN, could the switch functionality be added in future? Or is this a limitation of the CAN implementation?

Also, how would you recommend to connect another CAN device on the same CAN bus as the Here 2 - e.g. HereFlow device.

The Hardware is there, the code isnā€™t. There are no limitations stopping this, however, please really think about how you use the safety button.

Putting your hand next to a vehicle that is doing something unpredictable, is not my idea of safe.

To connect multiple devices, use the supplied splitter