Here 2 can update

Use CAN mode. Plug to CAN2 and follow the instructions.

I am currently trying to set my Here 2 to can mode as I always get the failing to configure warning even after doing the rc3 update. However when I install the latest master I am not able to connect to the cube anymore. reinstalling the stable version of arducopter fixes this problem. However with the stable version I am not able to do the CAN mode change. Any guesses where the problem might be? Additionally when installing the master after finishing the update, the beeping tones from the buzzer never appearā€¦

I fixed it. Turned out that the firmware from the firmware website did not work. I remembered that I downloaded the 3.7dev a whie ago on my desktop. flashed this firmware now everything works fine.

EDIT:
Iā€™m back with another problem :smiley:

As stated in the first post of this thread, the safety switch does not work in CAN mode. I set the parameter BRD_SAFETYENABLE to 0 to disable the safety switch. but still I canā€™t get the damn thing armed. at the prearm checks I also disabled the safety switch. but still canā€™t arm.

has anybody experienced similar problems?

does CAN work on Arduplane?

There is a safety button supplied in your cube kitā€¦ use thatā€¦

Yes, absolutely

1 Like

It only works on Plane 3.10.0-DEV. The latest Beta downloaded from Ardupilot

Still canā€™t get SLCan to work in Mission Planner 1.3.64 MSI

Iā€™m also stuck in this problem.

I need help to solve this problem please, which is explained in the future.

He used the latest version of mp as recommended in the instructions and also version 1.3.64 as recommended in the forum.

I have tried with battery or connected to usb.

I used the version copter 3.7 and plane 3.10

I have verified that all the can options are correct

I have verified that frame_class is different from 0

What else can I do?

the worst thing is that it does not work in i2c mode either, the only thing it does is light blue at the beginning and then the LEDs go off.

Follow these instructions here.

https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/here-2/here-2-instruction

philip thanks for responding so fast, I have done all the steps, but I have not had success

step1

step2

step 3 ok
step 4 ok
step 5 ok

step 6

after step 6 I had a problem, with the latest firmware 7/15/19 the cube after rebooting does not connect to the pc, I had seen that other people in the forum do the same, so download the version 01/07 / 19, with this version the cube if it starts perfectly.

step7

step 8 ok

step9

did everything according to the instructions but nothing happens, the cube is disconnected from the mission planner and nothing happens

I do not know what else to do :frowning:

I appreciate any help

So your issue is not connecting to mission planner?

Have you reinstalled Mission Planner from the MSI to get the latest drivers?

it could be same problem like for me. try to connect battery as well because from usb cable only there was not enough power

I can connect to the mission planner without a problem.

I always use msi installer

I had already tried with the power module and the battery and it did not work, but right now I tried again and it does not work either.

What other options do I have?

Thanks for the help

Then what do you mean by nothing happens?

That when I click on the SLCan Mode CAN 1 button, the mission planner is disconnected from the cube and nothing else appears, no message, no error.

it only disconnects and I can not reconnect.

I have to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable to be able to connect again.

When SLCAN is enabled, mavlink stops. This is what is supposed to happen.

Yes but there should be some information populated on the screen and an option to update firmware, but there should isnā€™t. Just a screen with the SLCan buttons dimmed out and if you wait long enough, the computer will make a sound but no notifications will pop up.

1 Like

mgrimes1907 thanks for the help, obviously thatā€™s what I wanted to say.

but as I see that I was not so clear about exposing my problem I recorded two videos, where two different endings appear for the same problem.

case 1

case 2

The worst of this, is that in serial mode I also do not work here2, when I bought the cube I thought I was buying a solution, but I see that I bought a problem.

Today I will try to make it work with my old gps, and if necessary I will buy a gps here from first generation.

I have two Here2ā€™s and one Here+ V2. The only one I have on CAN works, but no SLCan communication. The other two are on Serial / I2C without any problems.

I have news, try my here2 in i2c mode with a radiolink pixhawk and it worked perfectly, it means that the gps here2 works well, at least in i2c mode.

I also test the radiolink gps in my cube but this test if it was not successful, apparently the problem is not from the here2, the problem is my cube, try different firmware, but it does not work with any.

Will it be a hardware or software problem?