HERE2 CAN issue

No. In the US. is there a way to combine the two or three threads that are about Here2 problems?

Where in the US? Who is your distributor?

IR Lock in Georgia

Contact him. He is awesome!

1 Like

Ok

1 Like

It worked. You have to set all your CAN setting before going to SLCan screen.

Successfully updated bootloader.

Now lights are always green after boot and no SLCan connection.

After a couple of tries, it connected and Here2 is updated! YIPPEE! :small_airplane:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @philip

I don’t know if this will matter running Serial / I2C mode, but still get this error on boot

Is this because there isn’t an airspeed sensor hooked up?

You have not set up your frame type, you have not calibrated anything.
Do that, then see

I have arduPlane 3.10.0-DEV. It still shows that error with everything set up and able to arm.

It’s not relevant at all, don’t worry

Ok. Thanks for the help.

Definitely I have not had good luck :(, I tried everything and my first gps here 2 but it has not worked, the second here2 that I bought if it worked without problems, but the second cube presented an SB2 warning.

I can only try one rma for my first gps here 2 and my second cube :frowning:

Hey Philip and Jonathan, @philip @jschall

I have Here2 GPS with updated bootloader using the following instructions:
https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/here-2/updating-here-2-firmware#step-10-flash-the-bootloader-updater

After updating the bootloader, leds turned stable green, I pushed ‘update’ again as came up from the instructions in order to update the firmware also - the leds stayed stable green and it seemed that nothing had happened, so I tried to disconnect from USB and reconnecting for another try - unfortunately, I could not connect using CANBUS anymore, the device does not appear in the list.

I tried another Here2 GPS with same results (appeared before bootloader has updated and did not appear after).
I tried another cube black with no change, another Arducopter firmware with no change - the devices with updated bootloader just does not appear anymore in CAN devices.

I verified the proper CAN_ parameters are set in the cube as mentioned in the instructions.

I used Mission Planner 1.3.68 and Arducopter V3.7.0-dev firmware.
I already try to get more information from this thread and another threads with no luck.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

1 Like

@omer If you unplug the GPS from CAN and plug it back in while the SLCAN adapter is connected, do you see anything appear for even a short period of time?

@jschall,
I tried to unplug and plug back while in ‘SLCan Mode CAN1’ in MP, the device has appeared again and I could update the firmware as well.

By the way, after updating the firmware the after boot leds are blinking yellow.

Thank you Jonathan!

2 Likes

Well, looks like Copter pilots got a fix but what about Arduplane? Do I just have to flash my cube as copter to get the passthrough to work, then back to plane afterwards?

Arduplane and copter are both up to date on CAN

That doesn’t seem to be the case. LAG Arduplane still wouldn’t let me do the SLCAN, but once I flashed my cube with the patched ArduCopter referenced in this thread, SLCAN worked like a charm.

So, I just had to do a little extra work, but still ArduPlane won’t let me do the SLCAN.