HERE2 CAN issue

I deleted the drivers again because it kept coming up CubePilot … and not setting up Cube Black.

Just installed ArduPLane 3.10.0-DEV onto old cube and same error was in startup message and still no SLCan information populated in the list.

Going to try a different board if you think that might help?

ok, if the cube appears in device manager, and you can connect via mavlink. the drivers are ok. no need to keep deleting them.
cubeblack is the hardware reported ID, CubePilot is the driver reported name. they are the same apart from a label.

so, the key here is to update the here2 while in can mode.
MP simple puts the cube into slcan passthrough, all the traffic after that is slcan traffic.

so the simple steps are

1. update cube to master firmware (plane/copter)
  2. connect to mavlink as per normal, ensure uavcan is enabled in the settings. (as per instuctions)
  3. reboot to boot with uavcan enabled.
  4. verify what led’s are flashing on the here2???
  5. connect again and goto uav can interface.
  6. connect as per the previous instructions.
1 Like

@Michael_Oborne
I have tried that several times per the Here2 instructions and the CAN Upgrade instructions and nothing works. I have Arduplane 3.10.0-DEV installed on the Cube andI have my CAN protocol set to 1 and the CAN_P1, P2_Driver set to 1. GPS type=9, NTF led set to 231.

GPS is plugged into Can2 on the Carrier Board

Reboot and go to SLCan and hit SLCan Can1 and nothing happens. Buttons on the screen go dim and you can wait long enough, there is a tone that comes from computer but no message on screen and no information populated in the list on the SLCan screen.

After nothing happens, you can close the screen and wait a few seconds and reconnect with the Cube, but after reboot, it locks up, with only the orange led on under the Cube closest to the GPS1 and I2C ports. It doesn’t matter how mant times you reboot it, it does the same thing.

You can flash the latest Copter and then flash right back to the Arduplane 3.10.0-DEV and it boots with the error about unable to get bus semaaphore. You can boot it 100 times and it boots everytime and able to connect. When you tyr the SLCan, it locks it up until you flash a different firmware to it.

It does it on ArduCopter 3.7.0-DEV also. Same exact thing with the locking up on boot after failed SLCan attempt.

LED’s are flashing like they are supposed to. Ble and Red real fast on Initializing ( when it boots ) and flashing Yellow after boot.

If it worked on I2C, I would be happy. Right now, I have $300 + dollars tied up in a lame duck that won’t fly.

I have exactly the same problem, this is very frustrating. they told me it was the carrier board and I bought a new one and a new cube, and the problem continues, now I have finally bought another here 2 is the only option that I have left, I hope in 2 days I arrive and I tell how it was

I am trying to get someone to help us!

I have another older Here2 in a plane but I don’t want to tear it apart to try.

Someone will figure it out soon I hope.

Any Luck

@Michael_Oborne

ok, i think we need to start eliminating other factors. what else do you have plugged into the carrier board? can you remove other connections to minimize the possibility’s.

ie it could be power draw issue, usb issue, or something else unrelated. and i want to remove these factors.

@philip
@Michael_Oborne
The only thing plugged in is buzzer with usb and GPS. Using the USB cable that came with Pixhawk Cube. Tried different USB cable and different GPS CAN cable. Tried it on USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. Tried different cube on this carrier board. I have tried different versions of Mission Planner and different firmwares for copter and plane.

So did the two of us that are having the same problem just get faulty product? Do we need to send them back to Dealer? Is it a software issue? Is it a hardware issue?

I have tried everything that I kow to do, with the exception of tearing a plane apart to get the carrier board out and see if it is that. I really don’t think that’s it because Canterobb is having the same trouble on two different setups.

Let us know something if you would please.

Did you ever figure anything out?

Just to add to the pile, we are also having the exact same issue as @mrgrimes1907. We’ve tried everything that we can think of and the Here2 simply never shows up in the SLCAN menu. Any help is appreciated, we’re running out of hairs to pull.

1 Like

Seems like we have been forgotten

I still have not solved anything, I am waiting for another GPS here 2 that I buy, I hope it is the solution, because if with the GPS here2 again it does not work, I will be very disappointed.

Today I made several tests to find out what the error is but I am very confused.

I tested my GPS here2 with a Pixhawk radiolink and it worked perfectly. I could say that GPS here 2 is fine.

I tried here2 with the same cable and the same firmware with a pixhawk clone and it didn’t work, it means that here 2 doesn’t work with all pixhawk

my 4 test units, all with the same gps and ardurover 3.5.1

testing my cube with 2 gps and it didn’t work with any.

My other cube didn’t work with the GPS here2

I am very confused, will it be possible that my two carrier boards, both are new, are damaged at the factory?

We need help with this urgently.

Nobody has been forgotten. This issue is unfortunately spread around multiple posts, so I apologise for not getting back to each one of you.

Are any of you in Australia by any chance? Or the Bay Area?

1 Like

No. In the US. is there a way to combine the two or three threads that are about Here2 problems?

Where in the US? Who is your distributor?

IR Lock in Georgia

Contact him. He is awesome!

1 Like

Ok

1 Like