HERE2 GPS failing configuration checks

Ok. Thanks for the confirmation.

The external baro on GNSS can be placed more freely compared to the one in side of a cube, which should be placed near to center of gravity. With larger drones the prop wash causes large errors and secondly IMU heating can cause small offsets to barometer readings as it thinks that air temperature is 45 degrees Celsius, where it really could be -10 degrees Celsius.

The baro works quite nicely with current setup, but I have a habit to get progress and achieve better results.

Hello, same thing happend to me today. The only difference is that I have green solid leds on all the time. Is there something I can do from this point on ?! Thank you !

Finally made it. Managed to reconnect SLcan after I reflashed cube with this firmware : http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/2019-06/2019-06-18-16:06/CubeBlack/arducopter.apj

1 Like

Did you update with 2nd file that was given?

Yes, I was able to reconnect via CAN only after that specific firmware update on cube. On the 1st HERE2 file I did it with another arducopter.apj (the one that was specified in step by step update tutorial).

Yes, unfortunately SLCAN on master is being played with at the moment.

Use

What are your GPS, LED, and Mag settings for CAN?

Hey @philip
Strobe light works. thatā€™s actually great idea you guys have implemented.
I donā€™t know why node_id is 0.
This is the here2 setting.

GPS and leds work fine when i switch to i2c and go back to AC3.6.10

1 Like

I am seeing the same issue with 2 Here 2 units set to can

Both switches correct

Using master of June as suggested.

Boot loader and firmware updates.

here2 detected in UAV can fine and all prams correct but nice GPS detected at all with either on multiple cubes.

No leds after boot.

Iā€™ve found that you sometimes have to provide the Cube with battery power to get it to reappear in the uavcan screen. Power the cube via the battery then, connect the USB to PC.

UavCan screen is working fine on Back cube with the June master, I simply get no GPS detected even after everything it connected correctly.

On Yellow and Orange canā€™t get connection at all as having to use the first listed 3.7 from May to get them to connect at all to MP.

Latest builds blue screen or donā€™t connect at all.

Seems to be some really strange issues going on with current master with these three.

Iā€™m trying to get a list together for a working release for the Black, Yeelow and Orange cube with sheer 2 CAN as a way forward in the beta phase.

1 Like

Hey guys! I played with some GPS settings and GPS works now. I changed GPS_TYPE to UAVCAN.
Still looking for LEDs to work.

1 Like

to set the led up you need to set NFT_LED_TYPES to enable UAVCAN

So to setup CAN Here 2 on Ardupilot you must have current master (3.7) if you have issues with the daily release try one from mid June or July.

Set CAN_P1_DRIVER TO 1 and use the middle CAN port on the standard carrier.

Set GPS_TYPE to 9 for UAVCAN

Set NTF_LED_TYPES to select UAVCAN.

Then you should have it working.

Note there is no Arming switch in can so if you donā€™t use the plug in one then you will need to disable this in ARMING and manually select the checks.

And then also check the default compass as usual in Compass settings.

2 Likes

Hey @philip @MadRC
LEDs are working.
Thanks @MadRC
Hope auto detection function on ardupilot works for future builds instead of manually switching everything to UAVCAN.

3 Likes