HereLink-Beta

What’s going on exactly, how is it connected?

what you mean ?

Have our flir camera connected via HDMI to the herelink. It worked before. I’m going to try a couple more cables after lunch.

All working. So many different cables but found one that works

1 Like

One question about scroll wheel :
I configured it to move the pitch on a servo gimbal. Gimbal pitch moves well when i push the scroll wheel on each side but come back to its neutral position when release the scroll wheel.
Is there a function to make the pitch staying at a desired position instead of returning the neutral position when releasing the scroll wheel ?

Tried with 2 different windows 10 computers and only get this.

Update Completed as per the instruction however could also not bind once completed. Had to refresh the Air unit only with the flash all option and was able to bind strait away.

Feedback so far

Controls

RC controls independent behaving nicely and no longer affected by entering Android OS system.

All button functions and dials working now as expected once properly calibrated, not looked too deeply tonight but still would like a staged toggle option for changing mode.

Video

Video feed stable and rhythmic caching appears to be gone.

HDMI Video feed comes up much quicker now when connecting cameras, no long delays or issues I have seen so far.

Switching feeds and resolution working as expected.

Latency still seems a little longer than I would 100% like however this may be the additional camera delay as previously noted, more testing to be done on this and investigations into HDMI FPV cameras with lower latency.

Other

FC telemetry connection seems quicker to connect to me, less delay on bootup.

Not tested Android Cast yet or video over hotspot as having some network issues with old laptop with 5ghz. (Feature request can MP work on Mac pretty please I don’t do windows)

Stability

In a few hours of playing on the bench has been solid, no crashes, lockouts or anything unexpected.

Next flight testing.

Overall looking good guys and great work so far.

Thank you Philip and the gang.

2 Likes

Dear Philip
is it possible to use our own tablet/Laptop instead of herelink display. As in Inida we need to comply DGCA norms.

Please ask things like this in a different thread, this thread is only about Beta testing

When you ask, please include a definition as to what is your DGCA “norm” and a link to any documentation that defines this.

As far as I know, the Director General has no “norms” defining anything to do with what type of GCS tablet you need to use.

Please don’t answer here, start a new thread

Julien, if your using an alexmos gimbal you can change the RC tilt to ANGLE mode instead of SPEED mode. This keeps the gimbal at whatever angle you want.

We have tested the RTSP stream and it works fantastic. Does anyone know if you cast this outside the network from a receiving device?

Thank you for advise Cameron.
I would be please to use angle mode with servo gimbal too, directly controlled with Pixhawk (gimbal provided by the customer to mount the camera of his mapping drone). I think it might need an ArduCopter update to add this function.

Has anything changed with signal strength in this new firmware. We were getting 6 kilometers behind a hill before. Now I’m getting 100m until disconnect

@sidbh

Is this issue repeatable? There hasn’t been any substantial changes in the firmware to change in the signal strength to my knowledge. I can share older firmware image with you, and you can report back if the issue persists. Is that something you would be willing to test?

I’ll drive to the exact same spot we used last time and try again today then I’ll report back

Since update it lost video signal very often and at short range(100-200m). I have control but no video and the buadrate is at very low speed. During the flight the video freeze and after 10 seconds it unfreeze again.
Has anyone seen this problem? Or reflash firmware will be a solution.

Hello MadRC

Could you please do a video on updating the Herelink air unit and ground unit, Thank You in advance. I have spent a lot of time building my quad, and have crashed twice on take off. Second time was close call just missed me. So I have stopped till the beta update.

I also have problems configuring different flight modes, if you could do video on this this will help too. Have not given up guys but decided to take break, now back on the project full time.

Still flying my MI Drone, and managed to crack the 2000 meter mark in the city limits. I wished that Herelink will do better still hoping for the best.

Thank You for your video Mad RC keep them coming, it is a great help for people like me.

Hello Philip

Is the beta firmware update for beta 1 unit same as the beta 2 unit being shipped out? Can you please provide the link for the latest firmware update, and I see some problems people have above updating the firmware. Has all these been addressed? I have not updated my unit yet, I still have the original beta firmware shipped out with the unit.

You have done a good job so far thank you very much for you work. Looking forward for the beta 2 unit, keep your good work going. Will support your work any which way I can.

Thanks
Ganesh.

All units use the same firmware
Link is in the instructions

Here is a video made for the remote upgrade.
Process is the same for air unit (using the air unit files)
For the air unit : do not forgot to power the air unit (5V to 12V) , because the USB doesn’t allow to upgrade on its own.

4 Likes