Herelink Fpv experience

yes ! higher than the last flight no ?

Yes, the place where I fly is low-lying, so the farther a plane flies, the higher it needs to fly.
This is with vertical antenna placement as manual guide. I’m think to reach 20 km of distance is so difficult, maybe imposible.

could you find a higher spot ?
did you put your antenna like me ?
impossible , i think !

No I dont set the antennas like you. I put them upright and parallel

photo ? :wink:

Like this

Recently I made some tests with herelink controller antennas, purpose is to improve the stransmit signal. I made a simple piece of aluminum cut out from soda can, test sensitivity of the omni antenna, with and without the aluminium piece at properly distance. As a result, it has improved the antenna sensitivity from 3-5 dbm. And I found that the omni antenna plays the decisive role to distance more than another antenna if I am not wrong. We know it is just 2 dBi, if we improve it by properly higher gain antenna, I think it will improve the range significantly

thanks for the picture !
why not one on the right side and the other on the left side ?

clever the idea to look at the omni antenna !
it is a 2.4 ghz antenna with a bnc 50 h connector.
So we are looking for an antenna with a higher gain…
But are you sure that the transmitter is a diversity one ?
the other antenna is not 5.8 ghz ?

something like that :slight_smile: https://gerbole.en.made-in-china.com/productimage/NXwEJjCVwqkW-2f1j00UONToMbabYkB/China-BNC-WiFi-Antenna-2-4GHz-Antenna.html

or this :https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33032772255.html

Thanks for your antennas suggest, it is really useful.
Left antenna is the one I will improve or replace first whenever possible. I guess it is right because the right antenna did not make much difference when I change its direction, maybe I have not tested this in right condition yet. The first thing I will test real flight my mod with the aluminum piece to see how it different

One more, when I reversed the position of the two antennas, no difference occurred, so I thought each antenna had a clear task.
I am looking for this antenna to buy. It is high quality patch antenna.

when i was talking about left and right , it was about the air antennas.

There is one thing that i do not understand : the air antennas are double band : 2.4 and 5.8 ghz.
the right antenna ( on thetransmitter)seems to be a cloverleaf antenna . if it is the case, it must be a 5.8 ghz antenna because it too small to be a 2.4 one .
if i’m right, a higher gain 2.4 ghz on the left will not help because the right one is the original one with a lower gain. no?

@Pascal_Detournay
I could be wrong, but the right antenna on the transmitter is a directional patch antenna. I believe somewhere in the manual it states it’s a directional antenna.

The patch and Omni are interchangeable, both antennas can be swapped for any others that you wish to try.

It’s diversity

1 Like

Which antenna of herelink should I improve for longer than, omni antenna or another one?

Do you guys think this will improve the range in real flight?
With the soda dome plate inserted to the left antenna, rssi is improved at about 5 dbm, I cant image how this value large?

so, both are 2.4 ghz

1 Like

5 dbm it’s à lot !
now, you need to try it !
here it’s impossible to flight …

Correct, 2.4

thanks