Herelink Fpv experience

Hello Philip! I have a question that about function of right herelink ground antenna? It seems to have no effect when its presene or absence does not affect to datalink signal! Or it is not in use at this time? Thanks!

I think it used for wifi.

Herelink has an internal wifi antenna!

2 Likes

hi,
good news , only 200 milliseconds of delay !
so, i’m now able to connect my fatshark googles to my pc !
and my pc to herelink …

next step : SoLEX , 32 € it’s expensive no ?
No special price for the Herelink owners ?

Solex CC is FREE with the last Herelink update !

yes i know that ! But if i want to duplicate solex on my pc, i have to buy it . i’m right ?
Thanks
Pascal

Solex & Solex CC are different. It depends on what you want to do with the app.
@kellyschrock, would be the best person to answer this.

Actually Solex CC is different than Solex. Solex is an app, and Solex CC is an app environment for drones that runs on an on-vehicle companion computer. It and Solex integrate together.

@Pascal_Detournay Solex is $30US for the base app on Google Play for Android, and the missions and geotagging add-ons are extra. Solex TX is what appears on the HereLink and is essentially the same app with the missions add-on bundled in, and all of that is bundled on the HereLink. So it’s not free exactly, but the bundling means you don’t have to pay extra for it.

There is currently no PC version of Solex, but there will be at some point.

hi,

thanks for the explanation.
To be sure :1. i can’t get solex on my PC.
2. i can get solex on my tablet paying 30 €
3. i can mirroring the datas from herelink to my android tablet (wifi).
4. connecting my fatshark HDO on my android tablet ( micro hdmi) , i can
get the solex layout on my googles .

I'm right ?   

i’m asking because after the last update, it’s impossible to connect the fatshark googles with the Ugreen interface.

Pascal

Hello, I have a question that maybe Philip, Julien or somebody else could answer. It would be possible to use any kind of AV to micro HDMI converter in order to use normal racing drone fpv cameras with herelink?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hard to say if they would all works but i tried two different and they made the job very nice. So the answer is Yes :wink:

1 Like

OK, so i will need a AV to micro HDMI converter, as small as possible, do you know any?

Most of them are big (about 6x6x2.5 cm)

I can find many HDMI to AV converters, but not the opposite :frowning:

Quick search :

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200505210141&SearchText=av+to+hdmi+converter

Thanks for your reply. Yes I found some of them, however as you said, they are bulky. I am afraid that I wont be able to fit any in my design. Would be amazing to have something like this in a small PCB.

For now I am using the firefly hawkeye 4k. But I am not totally satisfied with the quality. I do not know why Runcam or Foxeer are not making nothing like that.

Any help?

https://www.thanksbuyer.com/thanksbuyer-fpv-universial-hdmi-to-av-converter-diy-pcb-board-for-sony-nex5-and-7-serials-camera-26836

Something like this would be great for me, but unfortunately this one does the opposite, HDMI => AV :frowning:

Has an accident with my plane again. This time it did not fly away but RTL, but I could’nt landing it because the air unit shut off during flying. So the plane did loiter at home point untill battery is empty, at last, one motor cut off first and the plane twist quickly and lost altitude, then crash to ground. After that I check the plane and the air unit, I surpsired the air unit was very hot while turned off (no light). why?
What a bad day today.

damages:
kit slightly damaged, one motor mount broke
1 antenna jack is broken
Battery damaged
I then damaged the power jack of the air unit at home (unrelated to the accident).
Anyone know the name of power jack of air unit side, i need to replace it.
And anyone know what is that in red circle in first picture (this is air unit board).

The power plug of the air unit is a 2 pins JST-GH