Herelink Stable June 2021

Hi Michael,can both the air and controller be upgraded over the air,I have the last beta release allready installed and thank you for all your hard work

yes, if you are beta on both ends, it can all be done OTA

1 Like

follow the steps all the way though, the stick with an old calibration will appear not to work

thank you Michael,will do latter on today

Hi Michael

I have just updated the Herelink ground and air unit the updates were successful and the version numbers are correct however QgroundControl will not launch it immediately closes with the message QGroundControl has stopped Solex seems Ok I have tried to roll back the firmware without success the device is detected then the upload fails

to fix qgc

open settings
goto apps
goto qgc
goto storage
click clear data

then try qgc again

Thanks all working fine

Hi all,

sorry to ask but this is not clear. This note means that we cannot assign to the A, B, C and D buttons any flight mode, except the failsafe flight modes?

If so, it seems that the only way to change flight modes is from the touch screen, which is totally weird, dangerous and slow. Operating in critical scenarios requires fast switching via hard buttons/switches.

in each app you can assign modes to the buttons. this is the recommended method. ie both solex and QGC have a button config screen where you can set them to have a mode

2 Likes

I have issues with 720p video input. With the beta firmware a previously working configuration is not working correctly anymore. 30% of the image is now cut away at the right an left borders. Sporadically it is working, but most of the time it is not.
It also needs long to find the video output.

1 Like

Hello. I`m using Tarot T10X-Pro gimbal, before update all works fine. After update airunit seems does not compatible for now with HDMI signal. Why on previos version campatibility were better?? How do I downgrade previous firmware now?

Ok, we are not alone. HDMI input does not work correctly like before.
I reported this issue at Micheal Oborne and Philip Rowse. They are be back to me tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks @Michael_Oborne but, shouldn’t the RC be independent from the apps? i.e. QGC. Flight modes/buttons setup should be in Herelink settings. Isn’t it? Thanks.

I need some help please, i bought my herelink about 3 months ago from irlock, i havent really even used it due to building my fixed wing plane its going in. ive hooked it all up and verified it worked, paired and it was communicating with my cube and hdmi camera etc… and thats really about it . It came with the firmware on it that has Solex already installed. Now…i dont have a lot of experience with computers other than playing games on it and running disk-cleanup lol so im definetly not in the same league as most guys who post on here. I have to look everything up and do it step by step carefully. anyways, yesterday i do the 600 mw mod on it, download platform tools and successfully modify the output on the tx and rx. i also went ahead and did the over the air newest firmware that just came out for the handheld unit. That successfully updated without any issues, i downloaded the flasher win. for windows to update the air unit and this is where im having issues and im about to pull my hair out !! ive checked my voltage, changed usb cables, made sure drivers were up to date, tried it on a different laptop with windows( both run windows 10 btw) here is the error i keep getting on flasher_win
Looking for DeviceTraceback (most recent call last):
File “flasher.py”, line 260, in
File “flasher.py”, line 142, in detect_until_found
File “flasher.py”, line 241, in detect_unit
File “site-packages\adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg\adb\fastboot.py”, line 255, in ConnectDevice
File “site-packages\adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg\adb\common.py”, line 221, in FindAndOpen
File “site-packages\adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg\adb\common.py”, line 117, in Open
File “site-packages\usb1_init_.py”, line 2168, in open
File “site-packages\usb1_init_.py”, line 133, in mayRaiseUSBError
File “site-packages\usb1_init_.py”, line 125, in raiseUSBError
usb1.USBErrorNotSupported: LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED [-12]
[4192] Failed to execute script flasher

ive read through the forum and saw that the solution for someone was to adb kill-server, so i did adb kill-server from platform tools , where i done the 600 mw mod. i tried that and still get the same error message. when i run the flasher_win, ive noticed the LED’s on the air unit go off… im assuming thats normal? If anyone can help walk me through this , id be greatly appreciative!! i appreciate all the tireless work that you all put in to bring us these things and the time explaining and answering questions.

I’m seeing the same issue as brad8851 when trying to update my air unit, though frustratingly its now stopping me flying.

I’ve followed the suggestions earlier in this chain to no avail.

I used Zadig to swap over my USB drives to different versions, which produced different error codes,

Looking for DeviceTraceback (most recent call last):
File “flasher.py”, line 260, in
File “flasher.py”, line 142, in detect_until_found
File “flasher.py”, line 238, in detect_unit
File “site-packages\adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg\adb\adb_commands.py”, line 138, in ConnectDevice
File “site-packages\adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg\adb\common.py”, line 221, in FindAndOpen
File “site-packages\adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg\adb\common.py”, line 117, in Open
File “site-packages\usb1_init_.py”, line 2168, in open
File “site-packages\usb1_init_.py”, line 133, in mayRaiseUSBError
File “site-packages\usb1_init_.py”, line 125, in raiseUSBError
usb1.USBErrorAccess: LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS [-3]
[11480] Failed to execute script flasher

My next port of call is to dig out my raspberry pi and attempt to use the linx version of the flasher, but I’d prefer to avoid that if I can, just for convenince as much as anything else.

Hi
my solution tested
I downloaded the usb drive zadig for windows, then connected my air unit with usb and current 12v , I placed the adb in kill server , then
I launched the flasher win .exe (run in administrator)

Eric

the solution that eric gave me corrected my problem , i will add that i had to run flasher_win in powershell /platform tools. it never would fully flash when i ran flasher_win off my desktop

Cheers guys, managed to get upograded this morning. I’m not eintirely sure why it suddenly started working, but I did notice that in Zadig the air unit wascoming up as mass storage device. When tried to upgrade first then I got the above error. This also made the LEDs on the air unit switch off. At this point it now cam up as an android device in Zadig, and when I ran it again, before the LEDs cam back on, it then worked and upgraded.

Not sure if that is what solved it, but it may be useful for someone :slight_smile:

I have got the firmware up on the herelink radio set and when i downloaded the Flasher_win.zip file and winzip it on to my windows it is empty no files in the downloaded files.

i also try it on my Appel mac and got the same as on the windows.

1. Download flasher_win.zip flasher_mac.zip or flasher_linux.zip.

is there any other files the i can get the two herelink radios and Air units to work with this new update firmware please

Thanks Neville

I’ve checked the zip again and they are not empty.
Can you try to right-click -> extract instead of double click and drag?
Or you may try with other unzippers (eg: 7zip)