Hi Herelink Users
This is an announcement for a new Stable update that is now available. Please update your units by going to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates -> Check For Updates . This will only work if you have updated your system at least once using this method: https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/upgrading-firmware If you have not completed the steps mentioned in this doc, doing so will update you to this release.
After the update, you should be on
Remote Unit: BRU01210730
Air Unit: AAU01210415
You MUST update your air unit via usb to use this update.
you need to run the updater from a command prompt
- RC update - better failsafe support
- Joystick resolution increase - needs joystick recalibration done
- support for dual video stream at the same time - Coming Soon
- Trainer mode
- Dual operator (Herelink as slave to pilots Herelink)
- Updated apps
- Airunit OTA support
- Remote/Local Rssi
- Frequency selection and bandwidth selection.
- Save Paring info - one GCS unit to multiple air units (ie like RC Transmitter) - Coming Soon
- Screen dpi change
- Add HOME as configurable button
- incremented scroll wheel
- fix a possible reboot if wifi comms fail
- fix a slow down issue (air unit needs the update) goto herelink settings > airunit, and use the 3 buttons across the top
- You must manually update the Air unit on update to Stable. Old Stable and this Stable firmware’s will not pair.
- QGC - Compass primary message on connect
- a RC calibration is Required due to the change to joystick resolution
- RC button configuration is not to be used for Mode switching except for failsafe modes like RTL, Land or Brake. The reason behind that RC based mode setting is not feedback based, unlike MAVLink based mode switching.
- Updates are one way, you cannot downgrade once on newer Herelink firmware.
- This is a beta update, meaning we are not yet at a stage to call the system stable, but we are getting closer. Hence, proceed with caution when using this device on an aircraft and avoid using for critical activities.
- Ensure that you are on a stable 5GHz Wifi network before updating and go through docs if facing issues.
- Do search the forum before raising a new query, and if the query is not posted please create a new topic, do not post queries on an off topic thread.