Orange & Yellow Beta Cubes - Firmware Issues

given you using windows 7, you require the new drivers be installed before it will work.
please download and install this
http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/driver.msi

1 Like

Thanks but I have done that already 2 days ago and still blue screens on the Orange. I will try it again though to confirm.

It’s fine when I go back to older master that’s not current though but am going to try and trouble shoot this all tonight as nothing is behaving at the moment.

Edit Update.

ok both yellow and Orange now working.
Updated drivers made no change and both the Yellow and Orange would BSOD on Win7 with USBER.SYS and memory dump on any August master.

With Orange went to 10th July build and it’s fine and that has CAN as well as earlier builds do not.

On Yellow went 1st July and that boots and have CAN however SLCAN not working on that build it appears.

i updated that file last night. so please try again.

@Michael_Oborne I did do it again as suggested as part of the process and was the same, downloaded from the link you gave and installed. Showed 3 drivers installed but still blue screens as soon as the yellow or or orange is plugged in with the latest master. .

Hi

I dont now if its just me or the lastes FW for the orange cube has problems to connect via USB after the flashing? When this is going to be fix?

Another question, Im using May FW for the orange, and I want to use the hereflow, but the CAN_ options doesnt show in the list. Im doing something wrong?

Thanks!

@RoboMotic

1. update to latest beta MP
  2. Ctrl-F in MP click the clean drivers button on the right side.
  3. direct install drivers from here
  4. use latest master for orange at least that’s the one I got to work. currently on copter master from last night no issues connecting to cube orange on mini carrier or standard carrier board.
1 Like

Thanks!

Did it, but the same…

May be the deleting wasnt done correctly?

This pictures say something?

@RoboMotic - I Believe when this is setup properly it will look as depicted below. I would try deleting COM56 from the Ports section of your Device Manager, running “driver clean” again, reinstall the drivers then plugging in your Orange. That’s what worked for me on Win10.

CubeOrange%20Ports

1 Like

Worked for me also, I get two COM ports, they do not have the descriptive names but I AUTO connect and it uses the one it needs to
HAGD
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks, I will try againg!

I appreciate your comments!

PS to my earlier post
I did not need to reinstall drivers, just ran drive clean then plugged back in the Cube
I did have internet connection so maybe re-install was automatic but I had no prompts to indicate this.
Steve

2 Likes

Orange arrived today. At first it wouldn’t work, until I did the procedure above.

Yes, that’s expected.

Hi.
I can not connect to the orange cube. I have mission planner 1.3.68.1 build 1.3.7235.7843 and I was install latest driver for these cube. Can you help me.

Uninstall that driver, then run the driver update MSI that is listed in the announcements section.

Update mission planner to latest beta as well

might also want to do a driver clean up on the crtl+f screen in mp in the top right area. Cube orange should have two comports one for slcan and one for the cube itself if I am not mistake at least thats how it shows up in my com ports.

2 Likes

Hi.
I did as you wrote but it still doesn’t work. Please watch the video below and tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Drivers are not installed correctly. With the latest you should see two com ports. Mavlink and UAV CAN. Try as follows.

Connect cube and Manually uninstall that device Driver once’s it detected.

With it still connected run the latest driver wizard again.

Once done disconnect cube and plug back in and let it install the driver.

This hopefully will give you both com ports mentioned above.

Still not working
orange cube. I tried several times first with an SD card in orange cube and then without. Maybe it was some important program on the SD card because I formatted the card at the beginning.
I did as you said. I am sending a video to you in case I did anything wrong.

SD card has nothing to do with anything other than logs etc…

Formatting your SD card won’t help, and won’t hurt

Go into the device manager and uninstall the port, unplug the device after uninstalling it.

Load LATEST BETA mission planner

Install the new drivers.

Only after you have done this can you plug it back in.

The fact that it shows as Comm 3 shows you have but successfully upgraded the drivers