HERE2 CAN issue

@philip
@Michael_Oborne
The only thing plugged in is buzzer with usb and GPS. Using the USB cable that came with Pixhawk Cube. Tried different USB cable and different GPS CAN cable. Tried it on USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. Tried different cube on this carrier board. I have tried different versions of Mission Planner and different firmwares for copter and plane.

So did the two of us that are having the same problem just get faulty product? Do we need to send them back to Dealer? Is it a software issue? Is it a hardware issue?

I have tried everything that I kow to do, with the exception of tearing a plane apart to get the carrier board out and see if it is that. I really don’t think that’s it because Canterobb is having the same trouble on two different setups.

Let us know something if you would please.

Did you ever figure anything out?

Just to add to the pile, we are also having the exact same issue as @mrgrimes1907. We’ve tried everything that we can think of and the Here2 simply never shows up in the SLCAN menu. Any help is appreciated, we’re running out of hairs to pull.

1 Like

Seems like we have been forgotten

I still have not solved anything, I am waiting for another GPS here 2 that I buy, I hope it is the solution, because if with the GPS here2 again it does not work, I will be very disappointed.

Today I made several tests to find out what the error is but I am very confused.

I tested my GPS here2 with a Pixhawk radiolink and it worked perfectly. I could say that GPS here 2 is fine.

I tried here2 with the same cable and the same firmware with a pixhawk clone and it didn’t work, it means that here 2 doesn’t work with all pixhawk

my 4 test units, all with the same gps and ardurover 3.5.1

testing my cube with 2 gps and it didn’t work with any.

My other cube didn’t work with the GPS here2

I am very confused, will it be possible that my two carrier boards, both are new, are damaged at the factory?

We need help with this urgently.

Nobody has been forgotten. This issue is unfortunately spread around multiple posts, so I apologise for not getting back to each one of you.

Are any of you in Australia by any chance? Or the Bay Area?

1 Like

No. In the US. is there a way to combine the two or three threads that are about Here2 problems?

Where in the US? Who is your distributor?

IR Lock in Georgia

Contact him. He is awesome!

1 Like

Ok

1 Like

It worked. You have to set all your CAN setting before going to SLCan screen.

Successfully updated bootloader.

Now lights are always green after boot and no SLCan connection.

After a couple of tries, it connected and Here2 is updated! YIPPEE! :small_airplane:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @philip

I don’t know if this will matter running Serial / I2C mode, but still get this error on boot

Is this because there isn’t an airspeed sensor hooked up?

You have not set up your frame type, you have not calibrated anything.
Do that, then see

I have arduPlane 3.10.0-DEV. It still shows that error with everything set up and able to arm.

It’s not relevant at all, don’t worry

Ok. Thanks for the help.